Wednesday, August 04, 2004

So Confused

We here at littleboxes are profoundly confused about the latest terror warnings. Good Lord! Could someone please clear this up? The warnings seem to be based in part on old information. Was this old information recently recovered (e.g. I found my sister's diary, but it only contains juicy tidbits of her long-dead third grade relationship with Mark from south 4th street)? Or old information recovered back when it was new (e.g. I found my sister's diary when she was in third grade and I'm reading it and telling you about it now)?

The media seems in no rush to really break this one down either. They must be pretty hesitant to really come out and say "this is all old." Now there are reports that some on the info was new and that the White House did not talk about this new intelligence in their initial press release. Good Lord! Why not? Seems much too convenient not to be some sort of scam.

We're gonna go get a drink.

"I think it's wrong and plain irresponsible to suggest that it was based on old information," Scott McClellan, the White House spokesman, said of the heightened warning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home