Thursday, September 15, 2005

On The Road Again

Damn it all to hell! It's always been somewhat of a struggle for me to be a gay conservative. Sometimes, but not always, the Republican party seems less than inviting . Yet I've managed to realize that although the Democratic party is midly more accepting, they are certainly not embracing enough to earn my vote. My libertarian beliefs just align myself more firmly with the more conservative element of our society. I certainly don't hate myself as some will suggest.

But, damn it all to hell. According to this article, it looks like we are going to have to move our office again!

Investigators appointed by the Vatican have been instructed to review each of the 229 Roman Catholic seminaries in the United States for "evidence of homosexuality" and for faculty members who dissent from church teaching, according to a document prepared to guide the process.


I thought for awhile that my lack of success in the sexual arena might save our office but then I read this:

Edwin O'Brien, archbishop for the United States military, told The National Catholic Register that the restriction should apply even to those who have not been sexually active for a decade or more.


Meanwhile, the liberals are going all goofy because President Bush accepted responsibility. Well, that's one more difference between me and your average snot-nosed liberal: It takes more than responsibility to get me all hot and bothered.

-Marcus

2 Comments:

Blogger littleboxes said...

I'm not even sure I'm "pro-gay" any more than a white person might be "pro-white." However, it is clear that the democrats do not stand for equal rights. Why should I vote for a party that (as you suggest) might whisper to me that it cares but then proclaim loudly to the entire room that it wants nothing to do with me. This is horrible even if the party is secretly crossing its fingers behind its back or winking at me throughout the speech.

Besides, the democrats have nothing to offer but a different vision of whose taxes should get cut. Ok, not entirely true, but really...?
-Marcus

4:13 PM  
Blogger littleboxes said...

To more directly answer your question, I hope that an equal rights candidate can win a national election. There are no excuses for pandering to bigotry.

But all of this is only a rationalization for my set of beliefs. There are republicans who I believe would rather see me dead. Why does it upset me more to be the victim of hollow rhetoric than the victim of vicious, homophobic attacks. I do not know.
-Marcus

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home